Columbus County Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy
The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office offers a Citizens Academy to residents of Columbus County.
The class meets once per week for three hour sessions for ten weeks.
The Citizens Academy is offered to the public free of charge.
Please complete an application and return it to the Sheriff’s Office by January 31st.
Are you interested in joining the Citizens Academy Program?
Do you love Columbus County? Do you desire to show support for your community?
Do you have spare time that you are willing to learn how your local sheriff’s office operates?
If you answered yes to these three questions, our citizens academy might be the perfect opportunity for you to build a relationship with your local sheriff’s office.
Citizens Academy Application Process
- Complete the Application found below and return it to our office.
- If your application is selected for review, a background check must be completed.
- If you choose to accept the opportunity, you will attend the Volunteer Academy
Citizens Academy Requirements
- Must not use illegal drugs or abuse prescription drugs.
- Must be able to commit to a weekly three hour course for the 10 week academy.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or have an extensive criminal history.
- Must be age 21 or older.